The OTs and PTs at King Open want you to get moving throughout your month!
Here are some activities to try:
- Stand with your feet apart and arms straight out to the sides--like a star! (See figure 1)
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Let your shoulders relax and look straight ahead.
Here are some challenges:
- Stay in this position and rock from one foot to the other, side to side--you’re a twinkling star! Try to count to 20 while you do this or sing “twinkle twinkle little star” while rocking. (See figure 2)
- Keeping your arms and legs straight and strong, fold and twist at the hips to touch your right hand to your left foot and look up toward the sky. Take deep breaths and try to hold this position for 5 seconds. Stand back up and switch sides--left hand to right foot. You’re a twisting star! (See figure 3)
- For a nice stretch, become a folding star! Take a deep breath in and breathe out while you reach down for your shins (or feet if you can reach!). Stay here for 3 deep breaths. (See figure 4)